- The Australian Government is rolling out an NBN fibre optic network to the node for most of Australia.
This technology requires upgrades to the local exchange, fibre optics installed in the ground from the exchange to the node, and a new node to be installed in the street.
Cabling from the node to the building will remain as the standard copper phone lines, and a new modem is supplied to the customer. This would require the modem to be plugged into your Telephone outlet, in some cases the Telephone outlet is not in a convenient location to install a modem.
- In some metropolitan areas NBN HFC technology will be rolled out, this is an upgrade to the current cable internet system (running on the Pay TV network, not the phone network).
This technology requires upgrades at the local exchange and a new modem to be supplied to those customers that are already on cable internet.
– If you currently have PayTV (Foxtel or Optusvision) or Cable Internet (Telstra or Optus) and you currently have an outlet installed in your building, and are satisfied with its location then generally no further installation is required.
– For those not on Cable Internet or Pay TV you will require connection from the street to your building, and an outlet installing inside your premises.
- The remainder of Australia will be covered with either NBN Fixed Wireless or NBN Satellite solutions.
– Fixed Wireless – This technology requires upgrades at the local exchange and it will require towers similar to 4G mobile phone towers and a new modem to be supplied to the customer. In some cases an external antenna is required to be installed on the outside of your building.
– Satellite – This will be uncommon, however it will be rolled out in areas too remote for towers to be installed. A Satellite Dish will be required outside, with cabling to a new modem.
Speed on NBN will be effected by the distance between your modem and the node/exchange depending on which technology is being rolled out in your area.
Speeds on NBN will vary from technology to technology, however please refer to your ISP’s website for advertised speeds and available connection information.
Your premises may require internal wiring to deliver a good outcome with NBN, JBTECH is licenced and able to assist with your data cabling needs. We can install Phone line, Coaxial & Cat6 cabling to your desired location within your premise.
Installers must be Licensed Data Cablers. JBTECH is currently NBN Readying premises for the roll out, we are both Licensed Data Cablers and Electricians, we are also registered as NBN Installers.
We are currently NBN readying Homes, Houses, Units, Apartments, Townhouses, Villas, Shops, Cafes, Restaurants, Retail Spaces, Communal Areas, Offices, Factories, Warehouses & Schools.
Contact Us at www.jbtech.com.au to have your Premises NBN Readied.
JBTECH would recommend Telstra as your ISP for the NBN.
There are two main reasons for this recommendation:
- We have encountered situations with several clients whereby they have signed up with other cheaper ISPs to save some money, however the “On-Peak Bandwidth” has been a point of contention.
Telstra has been found to be the best during On-Peak times, where the other ISPs limit the bandwidth substantially more during these times. By limiting the bandwidth these other ISPs save money by not paying for the On-Peak Surcharge for the additional bandwidth, this makes their networks slower at at times when demand is highest. On-Peak means that this is when most people are trying to use the internet for web browsing, emails, downloading files, streaming movies & TV shows etc.
This needs to be the main point of discussion before choosing an ISP.
- Telstra has been found by JBTECH to be the best of the Telcos, with the best support should issues arise.
Please compare prices on Telstra’s website:
We are able to travel all over Sydney, however most of our work is in areas such as:
- Ryde, Gladesville, Drummoyne, Lane Cove, Epping, Macquarie Park, Marsfield, Eastwood, Carlingford, Parramatta, Dundas, Ermington, Rydalmere, Telopia, Melrose Park, West Ryde, North Ryde, East Ryde, Pennant Hills, North Rocks, Thornleigh, Westleigh, Normanhurst, Hornsby, Asquith, Chatswood, Roseville, Pymble, Denistone, Denistone East, Denistone West, Killara, Lindfield, Chatswood West, Dundas Valley, Oatlands, Beecroft, Sorlie, Turramurra, South Turramurra, Wahroonga, Cheltenham, Meadowbank
Hills Area & Northern Sydney:
- West Pennant Hills, Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Thompsons Corner, Bella Vista, Winston Hills, Kellyville, Parklea, Glenhaven, Annangrove, Cherrybrook, Dural, Galston, Kenthurst, Middle Dural, Arcadia, Glenorie, Maraylya, Mt Kuring-gai, Mt Colah, Asquith, Berowra, Box Hill, Oakville, Rouse Hill, Quakers Hill, Schofields, Riverstone, McGraths Hill, Windsor, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, Wilberforce, Richmond, Scheyville, Cattai, Ebenezer, Maroota, Sackville, Fiddletown, Berrilee, Brooklyn
- Artarmon, Castle Cove, Middle Cove, Willoughby, Northbridge, Mosman, Killarney Heights, Seaforth, Allambie Heights, Clontarf, Balgowlah, Manly, Manly Vale, Fairlight, Freshwater, Curl Curl, Dee Why, Brookvale, Collaroy, Cromer, Narraweena, Beacon Hill, Oxford Falls, Frenchs Forest, Allambie, Belrose, Lindfield, Killara, St Ives, Gordon, Davidson, Lane Cove West, Lane Cove East, Terrey Hills, Duffys Forest, Ingleside, Elanora Heights, Mona Vale, Warriewood, Bayview, Akuna Bay, Church Point, Newport, Bilgola, Avalon, Clareville, Whale Beach, Palm Beach
- North Parramatta, Northmead, Winston Hills, Old Toongabbie, Toongabbie, Constituion Hill, Wentworthville, Seven Hills, Girraween, Prospect, Pendle Hill, Kings Langley, Lalor Park, Blacktown, Glenwood, Greystanes, Mays Hill, Holroyd, Merrylands, Guildford, Smithfield, Wetherill Park, Woodpark, Pemulwuy, Harris Park, Granville, Clyde, Auburn, Silverwater, Camellia, Rosehill
- Newington, Olympic Park, Wentworth Point, Rhodes, Concord, Concord West, Liberty Grove, Putney, Mortlake, Breakfast Point, Cabarita, Abbotsford, Gladesville, Tennyson Point, Henley, Chiswick, Huntley’s Cove, Huntley’s Point, Drummoyne, Hunters Hill, Linley Point, Riverview, Longueville, Woolwich, Five Dock, Canada Bay, Burwood, Strathfield, Ashfield. Croydon, Homebush, Haberfield, Leichardt, Petersham, Ashbury, Haberfield, Lewisham, Newtown, Sydenham, Earlwood, Annandale, Glebe, Pyrmont, Lilyfield, Rozelle, Balmain, Marrickville, Redfern, Paddington
North Eastern & Eastern Suburbs:
- Gore Hill, Greenwich, Birchgrove, Wollstonecraft, Naremburn, Cammeray, North Sydney, Waverton, Mcmahons Point, Lavender Bay, Milsons Point, Balmoral, Neutral Bay, Cremorne, Kirribilli, Kurraba Point, Cremorne Junction, Cremorne Point, Crows Nest, Clifton Gardens, Georges Heights, Watsons Bay, Vaucluse, Spit Junction, Dover Heights, Edgecliff, Woolahra, Bondi Junction, Bondi, Bellevue Hill, Bronte, Clovelly, Coogee, Kensington, Randwick, Waverley, Rose Bay, Double Bay, Central, Tempe